[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting notes - 24 June 2012
ton at blender.org
Sun Jun 24 17:45:54 CEST 2012
And here's a summary of today's topics at irc.freenode.net #blendercoders
1) Blender 2.64 progress
- Bug tracker is now down to 262 open issues - 45 new reports came in in last week, 74 were closed.
- Linux maintainer (Sergey Sharybin) will remove trunk/lib/ for linux libraries, it gives more issues than benefits. The compile docs will get updated.
- Tiles Compositor is currently a showstopper for release; it has issues artists perceive as a regression. If this would be fixed, the tile system would show off much better. Issues as noted are:
- Make the common nodes tile aware (if node requires a buffers it blocks the process).
Jeroen Bakker will make a list of 'bad' nodes, so everyone can help fixing
- Provide user with ways to work with non-tile nodes nicer (draw early tile previews or disable node)
- Buffered nodes: for fast viewing, and to ensure recomposites only do the minimum required buffers.
- Minimize pre-process (no perceivable delay between interaction and updates)
- Solve issue with slow recomposites (as if threads refuse to stop)
- Solve issue on load of .blend, auto-recomposites with image file loading block the UI now
- Other developers (Sergey, Campbell and Brecht) are available to help Jeroen with Compositor work.
- In order to tackle open issues, proposal is to postpone release to end of July.
Ton Roosendaal suggested to then also allow for the next weeks work on approved topics in svn - like cycles updates, mask editing, Opencolor, etc.
- Sergey proposes to release a testbuild this week, he'll coordinate it.
2) Other projects
- Bastien Montagne: works on improvements for Grease Pencil to curve tool.
* link all strokes into a single curve
* record timing in strokes, to make a real-time path animation possible
- Lukas Toenne works on custom nodes/node groups in 2.65. Below a sneak peek:
- There were no issues to note for the meeting log.
Ton Roosendaal Blender Foundation ton at blender.org www.blender.org
Blender Institute Entrepotdok 57A 1018AD Amsterdam The Netherlands
More information about the Bf-committers