[Bf-committers] GPU texture painting design doc

Antony Riakiotakis kalast at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 15:19:51 CEST 2012

If I remember this right it was just an unwrapped plane, nothing
spectacular. The type of unwrapping won't have any influnce if I have
understood the system correctly. I've found that what does influence
performance negatively is when two painted faces overlap in UV space.
Perhaps I could also disable the viewport drawing for profiling though I
think it will not be that important for the lag I see (when orbiting the
mesh for instance, such lag does not occur). If I do find the time I will
look into the system even more in depth...It's quite a lot of code!