[Bf-committers] Anyone fixing issues for opencollada?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 21:17:46 CEST 2012

I kept up with the discussion a few months ago whether to keep or get
rid of the opencollada library and it seems the consensus (if there
was one) was to keep it around for now.

Since I maintain openCOLLADA for Fedora, I was wondering if anyone was
even looking at the issues logged at the homepage?

I submitted sometime back a patch to allow smp building[1] as it was a
simple cmake dependency to fix. I also have a few other patches that
I'd rather have upstreamed than continue to maintain. One of which
fixes several library headers which attempt to include other headers
that don't exist.

Additionally, I manually work around the fact the the headers for
MathMLSolver are not installed. I force them into the directory
/usr/include/MathMLSolver.

I need these because I use abi-compliance-checker[2] in-between
revisions to see if any ABI breakages have occured since we manually
enforce a SOVERSION in the libraries. The headers can not be compiled
without the MathMLSolver headers available.

Thanks,
Richard

[1] http://code.google.com/p/opencollada/issues/detail?id=186
[2] http://ispras.linuxbase.org/index.php/ABI_compliance_checker