[Bf-committers] GPU texture painting design doc

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Mon Jun 18 13:03:24 CEST 2012

My advice would be to only do this after really trying to optimize
this on the CPU, and if only if that fails, do it on the GPU. As far
as I know all other 3d painting applications work fine only on the
CPU. GPU code is much harder to maintain and tends to give graphics
card specific issues, which you will end spending a lot of time
debugging.

If you implement it on the CPU in a way that is similar to how you
would do it on the GPU that probably already gives you a big
performance gain.

Brecht.