[Bf-committers] The Future of Blender Projects WAS meeting notes

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 09:08:59 CEST 2012

IMHO we have enough work cut out for us stabilising the current bug
tracker, recovering from bmesh and tiles branch merges, improving
cycles, integrating GSOC branches and making the normal slew of
fixes/improvements that pop up during regular development.

It'd be great to see work done on
cycles/paint/sculpt/modifiers/py-api-integration - but think this will
happen without planning for it.

Projects to plan for - as suggest could include
- depsgraph refactor
 (including improvements to proxy system we keep talking about but not doing)
- lukas-t's pynodes
- color management (opencolorIO integration).
- bullet/animation system integration (GSOC is doing this but may need
blender support to finalise...)
- library management
 (at least resolve having to use a hex editor when things go bad, but
room for many useful additions too)

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 1:33 AM, Knapp <magick.crow at gmail.com> wrote:
>> - Ton also invites people to think of post 2.6 projects. A special focus for 2.7x and 2.8x? Suggestion: in all of 2013, BF focus on Blender itself (no open movies!).
>>

> Could you enplane this a bit more?
>
> IMO VERY HO
> I would like to see a project that pushes fog, clouds, sea, smoke and
> water effects and unifies them. Perhaps a classic Greek / Roman
> sailing adventure?
> Integration of Particles and Array mods could use some work.
> --
> Douglas E Knapp
>
> Creative Commons Film Group, Helping people make open source movies
> with open source software!
> http://douglas.bespin.org/CommonsFilmGroup/phpBB3/index.php
>
> Massage in Gelsenkirchen-Buer:
> http://douglas.bespin.org/tcm/ztab1.htm
> Please link to me and trade links with me!
>
> Open Source Sci-Fi mmoRPG Game project.
> http://sf-journey-creations.wikispot.org/Front_Page
> http://code.google.com/p/perspectiveproject/

- Campbell