[Bf-committers] Floating buttons proposal

Reuben Martin reuben.m at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 01:54:12 CEST 2012

meh, we all do it now and then. I pissed a guy off a few years ago on this list
by by being a smart ass when calling him out for posting a long winded email
that provided nothing of technical significance, but was little more than a
copy and paste of a press release sprinkled with buzzwords. It started my own
personal little flame war.

People will usually put up with you going off the deep end if you can back your
position up. (And be willing to eat your hat when you're wrong.) People
passionate about blender ofter have very strong opinions about this stuff.

For what it's worth, there might be a good argument for using floating buttons
for context specific things that would just be a waste of space in a panel 99%
of the time. A good example is the panel that lets you modify the parameters
of your previous action. It varies quite drastically in size depending on
context, and as a result I'm constantly changing it's size and position in the
tool shelf.

-Reuben