[Bf-committers] Floating buttons proposal

Michael Fox mfoxdogg at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 00:02:27 CEST 2012

OK this has gone on long enough, not only have you ignored one of the
greatest minds we have, but you want to thrown away all of our own work
which is based on dozens of studies with your 'looks fancy' ideas not
knowing what is underneath, your arrogance is mighty impressive.

What you are planning is to do a gnome3 on us and here is the new UI
like it or lump it. Now with all your patches and proposals you have
done so far lack 1 crucial element which blender is renowned for and
that is freedom, freedom to mould and define what the user wants blender
to do and none of your patches have an option to turn it off, its seems
to me that you think you are above the the user and the user will like
what you give them without question.

with 2.5 drawing was disconnected from data, so you can have multiple
drawing kernels and choose what one you want, like replace normal menus
with radial menus (if someone is willing to code it), so what you are
proposing is NOT floating panels but a whole drawing kernel, when the
term floating panels is used in blender world, its the floating panels
in the pre-2.5 era, not these proposals which have NOT been approved.

And on that note I would like to see your approved GSoC targets and
detailed descriptions of each and why, and I am sure a lot of others on
this list would like to see that as well