[Bf-committers] build error

Mike Erwin significant.bit at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 21:59:09 CEST 2012

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 3:43 PM, William Hamblen <
bill at turnaroundproductions.org> wrote:

> As a novice in this I guess I should ask, how difficult is it to upgrade,
> or is it even possible to upgrade, to a newer gcc version in my current
> build environment.

It's close enough to impossible to not want to do it. Apple has moved away
from gcc in favor of clang/llvm. I've noticed the word "ceres" pop up in
build failures on Mac and Windows the past few days, so they must be doing
some fancy stuff requiring the latest and greatest compilers. Thanks
Campbell for the WITH_BF_LIBMV workaround.

Mike Erwin
musician, naturalist, pixel pusher, hacker extraordinaire