[Bf-committers] changing select threshold!

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Wed Jun 13 16:21:55 CEST 2012

Hi,

In both editmode and object mode the selection distance is not an absolute value, it uses pixel distance (editmode) or multiple selection box sizes (objects). The cycling feature is to allow selecting to work when a lot of vertices are close together.

All of this has been evolved and tweaked to work very well, but it's possible it doesn't suit everyones workflow, there's a lot of variables possible (pen - tablet - mouse - screensize - mouse precision - etc).

A "user pref" is not going to solve this. Good design & smart code - and suficient time is :)

-Ton-