[Bf-committers] changing select threshold!

Yousef Hurfoush bat3a at msn.com
Tue Jun 12 23:02:39 CEST 2012

> > Having worked on selection code a bit, it's true that the threshhold is
> > hardcoded, at least for object selection though I am not exactly sure how
> > to best proceed and expose this to the user.
an option under the tweak threshold called (select threshold)
that maps this hard coded value is a welcome :)

> Perhaps a Python widget? Then users could code their own whatever
> thingy. Or put it in the preferences. I do have to say that we are
> near a point where preferences could use a newbi/pro switch.

blender user pref. is not that big, you should see other programs prefs.

> I do a lot of modeling with a lot of subjects and have never had the
> problems you are having. Do you have sample model you could share or
> at least a pic? Perhaps you could use proportional editing?

this is a discussion thread, you are welcome there :)
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?254233-selection-threshold!&highlight=

Regards
Yousef Harfoush
bat3a at msn.com