[Bf-committers] changing select threshold!

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 20:36:08 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 7:52 PM, Yousef Hurfoush <bat3a at msn.com> wrote:

>> 3 ideas.
>> Use circle select.
> is slow as you need to go in and out of the modal operation (you can't rotate, ban, etc..)
>
>> Zoom in.
> if the model is small then you'll have too many problems:
> unfortunately the camera start and end value are not auto adaptive
> so you end up changing them a lot, more slow when tweaking
>
>> Hide unneeded parts of the mesh.
> slow too as you need to select the meshes then hide then work, then unhide...
>
> definitely NOT a tweak workflow
> i mean with ideas as how to change the threshold, is it hard coded
> i can build blender, and if knew where or what value should i change
> then i can be happy with building it for me (or anyone) every day :)
>
> Regards

I do a lot of modeling with a lot of subjects and have never had the
problems you are having. Do you have sample model you could share or
at least a pic? Perhaps you could use proportional editing?

How about cntrl LMB hold and draw and then let go, lasso select?
--
Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!

Massage in Gelsenkirchen-Buer: