[Bf-committers] Blender File reader SDK

krys at polarlights.net krys at polarlights.net
Fri Jun 8 09:00:25 CEST 2012

Dear Blender Team,

First, congratulation for your incredible work on the Blender platform !

Behind this, I'm working on a new OpenCL base CPU/GPU renderer and in the next development phase I expect to improve the workflow between blender and Spectral Studio.

A lot of renderers are in the markets, but most of them use an exporter/importer and I would like to avoid this step, I explain...

In my software, we can easily "re-import" an object into the renderer. The goal is to allow the user to modify its geometry (etc...) in blender, then with a simple button click re-import the changes directly from the .blend file.

I have see that the Assimp library claim to support the .blend format, but it is very buggy ! I have also found several other sources, but none is complete and up-to-date.

So, I would like to know if you have a SDK that will allow me to load a .blend file to import it directly into my renderer. It will greatly improve the integration between blender and my renderer.

Regards & thanks for your support

Krys