[Bf-committers] Translators aid

Damir Prebeg blend.factory at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 09:20:11 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I think that many translators are having the same problem: English
language is contextual and it has countless number of terms that are
having completely different meaning in different contexts. Because of
that, It's very hard to translate many Blender terms to my language
(Croatian) if one doesn't know exact context (where that line actually
appears in the blender UI). And that context isn't visible in .po
file.
It would be very useful if we could right click on a label, a button
or a drop box item an select "Translate this" don't you think? I've
talked with Campbell about that problem some time ago and he suggested
that I should post a suggestion/request to this list (bf-translators)
but I'm sending to bf-commiters to. Implementation of that function
shouldn't be too hard since we already have stuff like "Online Python
Reference".

Would it be possible to create some addon that could load predefined
.po file in blender's text editor at referenced line (like Edit Source
does with python files)?

Best regards,

Damir