[Bf-committers] Change of MinGW64 compiler

Antony Riakiotakis kalast at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 21:33:35 CEST 2012

Hi all, recently I have looked into a problem with MinGW-w64 builds
that causes crashes when rendering with multiresolution and subsurf
modifiers with openmp enabled. From correspondence on MinGW-w64
mailing list it looks like it is related to the specific MinGW-w64
build we are using. I have recently built with openmp enabled with
another MinGW-w64 package and it looks like it works fine. There are a
few things to take care of, mainly recompile openexr to resolve some
thread issues but everything else seems to be OK, though other issues
may creep up of course. Are there any objections to this? I am aware
we may have to update the builder too but I will test whether a
recompiled openexr works with the current compiler without issues.