[Bf-committers] Masks are not only for Mattes

Guillermo Espertino (Gez) gespertino at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 18:59:55 CEST 2012

El 05/06/12 13:23, Antony Riakiotakis escribió:
> The UV editor is suited for UV editing and reviewing what parts of the
> image go to what parts of the mesh. The UV editor can be seen as an
> image viewer/painter, but, in the end it is not a swiss knife of
> functionality either. Its primary intended for modifying the data
> themselves while the track editor and compositor can be seen as
> operating -based- on the data. IMO, this discussion should not be
> targeted at the uv editor but to a better interoperability between
> compositor/tracker.
Ok, maybe I didn't express myself with enough clarity. I meant that we
have the composite viewer in one place and the tracking/masking tools in
another.
Since viewers and image analysis tools live currently in the UV/Image
editor, I proposed to take masking and tracking there, but maybe it's
better to have a specialized viewer window (perhaps the same clip
window) and take the viewer and image analysis tools from the UV/Image
editor to the clip editor window.
The point is having masking and tracking also available for composites,
not just for clips. And having both operations working as nodes instead
of separated tools would be more flexible because you could feed those
tools with both, footage and (pre)composites.

Gez