[Bf-committers] Masks are not only for Mattes

Guillermo Espertino (Gez) gespertino at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 18:15:11 CEST 2012

El 05/06/12 02:46, Troy Sobotka escribió:
> It would seem like a wonderful juncture to perhaps analyze our design
> choices and consider future limitations at this juncture...

+1
This implementation is somewhat disconnected from the compositor.
Masking and tracking is usually more necessary in the composite context
than in a single clip context.
My gut says that the right place for tracking and masking would be on
top of the viewer, and probably extending the image/UV editor adding
these functionalities as "modes" would be more flexible than having a
separate window.
If tracking and masking would be nodes, double clicking on them could
connect the output to the viewer window (UV/Image Editor) and display
the proper widgets and options instead of having to change manually
windows and modes.
That could also work for widgets for transform nodes, for instance.

Gez.