[Bf-committers] new armature option for mask modifier

Bassam Kurdali bassam at urchn.org
Mon Jun 4 02:59:28 CEST 2012

Hi all, and especially thanks to joshua for the wonderful new option in
mask modifier.

This looks perfect for making *really* slick rigs, but there is one
concern I have; we're going to be deforming a second mesh, and on
complex rigs, this is getting quite expensive (they are already at
around 5-8 fps, and have gotten slower after bmesh). would it be
possible to add a copy-derived-mesh or so modifier to the generators?
that way the rig-mesh could copy the derived mesh from the normal body
mesh (preferably at a given level of the stack to avoid e.g. the subsurf
or any particle modifier or so)
with this perhaps the interactivity of a rig could remain unaffected
mostly, while enjoying the clean-ness that the armature mask affords.

cheers,
Bassam