[Bf-committers] Viewport FX Design

Jason Wilkins jason.a.wilkins at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 20:37:28 CEST 2012

Although I have not committed it yet, I did test gpuImmediate by
porting a lot of the "heavy object" drawing code to use it.  I could
not really tell any difference in speed subjectively.  Interestingly
though, when enabling VBO, it was faster than using VBO in trunk.  So
the preliminary results were "not slower."  It was just a test
however.  For heavy drawing code the VBO/glBegin branches are going to
need to be unified and the interface is going to have to be different.