[Bf-committers] Images in Panels..

dimitris chloupis thekilon at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 26 22:04:13 CEST 2012

you can use bgl to load your own textures on top of quads drawn by bgl. So yes its possible, but not simple, but also not difficult. Also you will also have to handle scrolling, since the bgl draw is separate from Blender main GUI , so that means a serious amount of code. But if you don't mind the extra works it won't be very hard. Bgl also will give some cooler tricks than Blender GUI because bgl is basically opengl 1.1 wrapper, so that gives some extra power to the coder.

Bare in mind that bgl is not well tested since add-on don't usually use it. I already experience and array of bugs which I don't know if are bugs from my own code or from bgl and yes they are bgl textures bugs. But thats the fun of coding, it can blow up in your face any time :D