[Bf-committers] Keys to control mask feather

Nate Wiebe natewiebe13 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 21:06:19 CEST 2012

>> Im not all that happy with mask allowing left mouse selection - as you
>> say it gives conflicts with shift+select.
>> IMHO we should remove that functionality but thats a bigger discussion.
>
> +110%. Blender has a relatively (like it or not) universal consistency
> with the right click to select. Breaking this internal consistency
> here is likely sub optimal. Are there options here?

I usually use RMB to select, and I do know that the last example I
used was not very good. I'd be fine with completely removing LMB
select to make everything consistent. But my main focus to to make
this key issue consistent with the rest of blender. We need to have a
good unified key for this. So far the best option IMO is ALT. I'm free
and open to suggestions, but this needs to be decided on before the
next release.

-NateW