[Bf-committers] Keys to control mask feather

Troy Sobotka troy.sobotka at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 20:08:21 CEST 2012

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 9:50 AM, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com> wrote:
> * shift click to drag out feather points can be kept (this means shift
> for subtle movement - realize this conflicts with shift for 1/10th
> motion).

Is it possible to negotiate this and keep the Blender-wide consistency
with Shift? I am all for breaking rules and consistency where the
situation dictates it, but I question if this is the case here.
Further, I can see the Shift 1/10th being useful to the feather as
well.

> Im not all that happy with mask allowing left mouse selection - as you
> say it gives conflicts with shift+select.
> IMHO we should remove that functionality but thats a bigger discussion.

+110%. Blender has a relatively (like it or not) universal consistency
with the right click to select. Breaking this internal consistency
here is likely sub optimal. Are there options here?

Anything we can do to make the pieces fit better together as a whole
within the established Blender paradigm would seem like a solid step
forward.

With respect,
TJS