[Bf-committers] patch tracker has alzheimers

Kesten Broughton solarmobiletrailers at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 18:07:22 CEST 2012

I submitted a bug report in May 2012 related to a seg fault when selecting
bones or switching modes.
The bug report does not come up when searching keywords.  I can't find it
by searching the Bug ID 31398 and the link sent to me from monitoring the
thread no longer works.

http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=498&aid=31398&group_id=9

This gives: Patch Tracker Error.  “Invalid ArtifactID” .

I noticed this because there are some new bug reports that sound related.
Darron Smith and I put in probably 20 hours between us on this bug and it's
a big setback to start over from scratch.  Plus if there is no working
search tool for submitters, we get way more duplicates.

Also, during investigation, Darron found the following code on line 1794 of
file DerivedMesh.c

Need to watch this, it can cause issues, see bug [#29338]
/* take care with this block, we really need testing frameworks */

However, we can't find bug #29338 on the bug tracker anywhere to see if
it's relevant.

*Oh no! Our patch tracker has Alzheimers!*

Although I'm sure this is a very effective way of keeping the bug count
below 300, I vote for less aggressive measures.

darKoram

ps.  I'm posting to committers to see if anyone else has had problems.  It
would be good to figure out when the alzheimers set in :)