[Bf-committers] Blender meeting minutes, july 1st 2012

pete larabell xgl.asyliax at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 21:42:39 CEST 2012

> - Tile compositor - still has open issues. Mask rasterizer will get updated to respect tile/thread design today/tomorrow.
> It's unclear where the perceived slowness is - it might well be mostly on UI/feedback level. Jeroen Bakker can connect with the Mango team for tests and feedback.

With regards to the update to mask rasterizer tile/thread design...
It's functional now but still somewhat messy code and is just about
ready for commit. Very limited network access for me over weekends. If
can't commit today will certain commit tomorrow.

The slowness issue is the feathering. The feathering algorithm in
trunk right now was VERY NON-optimized. In order to make
tile/threading work correct, the much faster feathering algorithm was
needed anyway, so this problem should be automatically resolved.

Will be mailing/irc-ing sergey,campbell when commit happens.

Cheers!