[Bf-committers] Different Edge Colors for Meshes?

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 11:36:09 CEST 2012

On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 6:56 PM, Tobias Oelgarte
<tobias.oelgarte at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am 30.06.2012 17:45, schrieb Campbell Barton:
>> On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 4:42 PM, Tobias Oelgarte
>> <tobias.oelgarte at googlemail.com>  wrote:
>>> Why the hard/complicated way?
>>>
>>> For me it would be enough to have just the option if i need it.
>>> Something like an unchecked checkbox in the object tab named "use custom
>>> wire color"/"custom wire color" and a per default inactive color
>>> selector. This would be entirely optional and the user could decide if
>>> he needs it (like i do at the moment) and which color he would find
>>> appropriate.
>> This is what I meant by a draw mode.
> Wouldn't this not just be an extension to the existing draw modes? I
> don't see a true reason to make an extra draw mode out of it. Draw the
> lines in the color chosen (note that bone groups have presets for
> active, selected, etc.) by the user or if he did not make a choice use
> the theme color.

The only reason to use a different draw mode would be that you
probably want z-buffering turned on with wire colors (its off in wire
mode currently).
Otherwise objects behind may show their color on top. But it could be
made a toggle too - sure.

I'm not fussed if this is an option or a draw mode - though this is
the kind of thing I'd really rather be postponed until draw code
refactor since its really a mess at the moment.