[Bf-committers] blender UI state

Mango Jambo moraesjunior at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 12:38:42 CET 2012

Hi all,

I agree with Campbell that we need to focus step by step to easily and
faster improves the UI, even knowing planning the whole picture is good for
consistency.
I love this solution:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/File:UI_proposal_tabs_lists_outliner_etc_vildanovak.pdf
My work today is all about 90% Blender. (10% Facebook.... no, just kidding)
And one of the most annoying thing is to scroll up and down all day the
propriety panel. And the sections are hard to be recognized. At 2.4x
version was easier to fast identify each one section (There was box with
borders, tabs and better highlighted titles).
IMHO, this is far away the best solution for proprieties panel (Please,
check the page 3). Reasons:
- Easily to memorise the sections/categories places on the tabs
(Consistency and spacial memory);
- No more scrolling all the time to search your options;
- More space left to increase Outliner area.

Some people would say they can´t see all the proprieties at once on this
proposal, or even to have to do more clicks now to access the options that
they want. For me, this clicking still better than scrolling and the
separated visual is more organized than all in one.

Maybe, as an option, we could agree with Greeks and Trojans making a better
highlighted section titles and get back the section tabs, like 2.4x (ok,
now you can throw the rocks).
But, for me, Vilem Novak idea is the best solution for the current problem.

Cheerios.

Moraes Junior - aka mangojambo
Animator & 3D Artist
+55 43 88133399 <http://www.oniria.com.br>