[Bf-committers] Collada-patch for testing

Juha Mäki-Kanto kiskosika at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 07:51:45 CET 2012

Hi, Gaia

Good to hear it does something right:) In response:

1.) Does it work ok with maya without the Second Life- box checked? There
are some other changes to export which may also affect results.

2. and 3.) The export with compatibility mode is probably the same as
2.49b. I still need to do some research on that with different software to
have a better understanding, but in the end it's a cosmetic/UI issue which
is the preferred mode if it comes to that.

4.) The imported bones should come out as the regular rig unless your
pipeline is modifying the armature somehow? Adding bones for example would
mess with reinterpreting the bones as lines between joints.

I'll probably separate the patch into two parts since the exporting code is
more straightforward and the compatibility part can be controlled from the
UI so it should have a better change of making it in. The importer part is
bit more involved, have to see about it.