[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [43739] trunk/blender/source/blender/ modifiers/intern/MOD_boolean_util.c: Fix #30000: Boolean modifier messing up multi material

Carsten Wartmann cw at blenderbuch.de
Mon Jan 30 13:27:56 CET 2012

Am 29.01.2012 17:00, schrieb Sergey Sharybin:
> Hi,
>
> It's kind of already implemented.  The problem is: modifier can't add new
> materials to object, so if right operand (which is getting subtracted) has

"Can't add" means the modifier has no access? Or a Blender limitation?

I am not a dev, so I cant imagine why this could be ;-) Add a new slot,
link a material to it is something I have done in Python many times.

> some materials which doesn't exist in left operand (from which
> object subtracts) there'll be some artifacts in texturing. The only way for
> now is to manually add material from right operand to left operand and then
> they should be nicely reused.

Indeed! Thats great for my purpose.

Thanks for clarify this. Needs to put somewhere in the docs.

Carsten
--
Carsten Wartmann: Autor - Dozent - 3D - Grafik
Homepage:         http://blenderbuch.de/