[Bf-committers] Crash when rendering with blender trunk MinGW/SCons/win32

"Martin Bürbaum" martin.buerbaum at gmx.at
Wed Jan 25 12:56:02 CET 2012

I am compiling current blender trunk (rev. 43662 right now) myself using with MinGW (win32) and SCons.

Now compilation works [1] and Blender runs fine, until I try rendering (internal & cycles alike) - then I get a crash.

Roughly translate the windows error message says that Blender tried to access memory at address "0xffffffff".
Unfortunately I have problems installing MSVC2008 on this machine, so I can't debug this myself.

So my question is: Does anybody else use MinGW& SCons on win32 and/or has anybody encountered this crash?

My guess is that it's an error on my side (lib?), but how do I find out what's wrong?

Cheers,
Martin

[1] Compilation log here: http://www.pasteall.org/28515