[Bf-committers] Problem compiling cycles+cuda on windows / slow GPU rendering

Christian Monfort monfort.c at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 00:33:38 CET 2012

Yes, all is 64 bits (cuda toolkits, python, vs2008)

As for the slowdown and the 2.61 version, you're right - for some
reasons I was using the same kernel.
So I made the test again - this time deleting all before rebuilding
from scratch each time, and for the same scene I have now the
following results (for 10 samples) :
blender 2.61 + toolkit 4.0: 1.31 sec
blender 2.61 + toolkit 4.1: 3.10 sec

When the 'not enough memory' error occurs, the whole system is using
something like 3.8GB (still 2 GB usable), and I must have something
like 12GB of swap, across 2 drives.