[Bf-committers] blender UI state

Jorge Rodriguez jorge at lunarworkshop.com
Mon Jan 23 07:56:11 CET 2012

That page looks like it deals with a lot of specifics. Having not seen
enough big-picture discussion, especially concerning the experience of a
new user, I've gone ahead and drafted up some ideas on that subject here:

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Vino/New_User_Experience

Some of it was copied from this discussion, but much of it is new. I would
love to hear people's thoughts or feedback. I would really like to see more
people make mockups of what they think the initial screen should look like
once users load Blender for the first time. If there is any consensus I
would like to use that material to draft a proposal page to make a revamp
of Blender's UI specifically geared toward simplifying the default settings
for new user adoption.

To answer the question: Yes, I am willing to do the work of implementing
any such proposal were it to get approved by the devs.

--
Jorge "Vino" Rodriguez
jorge at lunarworkshop.com
twitter: VinoBS