[Bf-committers] Problem compiling cycles+cuda on windows / slow GPU rendering

Antony Riakiotakis kalast at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 20:30:59 CET 2012

Same here on windows 7, I opened the system manager to check the
memory use and indeed it seems to surpass 2 GB. I am not sure this can
be "fixed". Inevitably the cycles kernel will get bigger and will
require more RAM. It's interesting though that 4.1 can bite through
this. About rendering speed I can't know since I haven't tested with
4.1 here. I hope this is indeed a "bug" and can be fixed, if not,
waiting for the 4.1 normal release.