[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting notes, 22 january 2012

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Jan 22 18:13:32 CET 2012

Hi all,

Here's the summary of today's topics:

1) Blender 2.62 progress

- Project progress page:
  http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Projects

- Sergey Sharybin: The Carve boolean library is now in Blender. Reports are in general very positive! Although it's not 100% compatible, at least it is predictable and in maintenance. Tobias Sargeant (Carve coder) has given great support, thanks!

  http://code.google.com/p/carve/
  http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Nazg-gul/CarveBooleans

- Brecht van Lommel: Cycles Renderlayer/passes are nearly done now, will go to svn in few days.

- Mike Farnsworth's importance sampling - noise reduction for Cycles - is in svn trunk now

- We move to BCon3 (only fixing) when Brecht adds his stuff, then add 2 weeks for BCon4 (test builds).

- Bastien Montagne: VertexGroup modifier could get option to show weight changes by modifiers. Needs further work, not for 2.62 though.

- Collada discussion: conclusion is we don't do anything yet, but after the release we will check on it again. Campbel Barton likes to see Juan Linietsky's script to be officially committed to our 'contrib' script repository.

2) Other projects

- BMesh: in 3 weeks it will have the main targets complete (like particle support). Lots of smaller todos left still, actual release target might move to 2.64 then. With some luck 2.63!

- Mike Erwin: working on new 3dconnexion device now, he's available to fix ndof bugs in the tracker, and move pending tablet fixes from his branch to trunk.

- Meeting ended with long discussion on Android porting and tablets in general (fondle slabs). Should get a branch, once one or two developers claim maintenance and ownership for it.

Thanks,

-Ton-