[Bf-committers] blender UI state

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 14:26:17 CET 2012

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 1:07 PM, mindrones <mindrones at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'll collect stuff and prepare the page as soon as possible for me.
> Meanwhile it'd be good if people collect their ideas and mockups and
> screenshots in their wiki page, only discussing here based on what
> they post there, to help starting the process.
>
> I'd like to mention the Wikipedia Usability Initiative
> http://usability.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_Usability_Initiative
> They started it to enhance the wikipedia experience: the project was
> public, well formalized and the discussion was wiki-based too (have a
> look at this: http://strategy.wikimedia.org/wiki/List_of_proposals).
> The project ended the end of the last year, and served to develop the
> current wikipedia skin (called "Vector", which is much better than the
> old "Monobook").
>
> It would be fantastic if we were able to organize things as well as they did :)
> If there's a consensus in seriously starting such a project, I can
> write appropriate templates to keep things well organized and
> automated.
>
> Regards,
> Luca

I feel that the 2.5 GUI is the biggest hole in blender. I loved the
work flow and error free and problem free flow of 2.4. 2.5 has not
made it yet to this level. (on the other side the new 2.6 power can't
be beat!) I can't wait to get started on this. I am BTW a user/artist
(with programming background but no time) so I try to help by finding
problems and suggesting new ideas.

--
Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!