[Bf-committers] blender UI state

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 00:11:41 CET 2012

@mindrones,
This could work but would like to know...

* Who in our existing UI dev team are interested to be involved (even
if only to review & approve proposals)?
  having feedback from existing UI mafia is nice so there is some
authority when a proposal is approved.

* Who works on this? are there new devs that want to be involved? if
so we could make some smaller tasks to have them start.

* Who manages this? - someone to set some direction, scrap wishlist
additions to wiki, kick people for feedback etc (pssst!, DingTo!)

if people don't like to be constrained too much they can write on
their own User blender-wiki pages first so the interface wiki pages
don't become a mishmash and its ensured ideas on the wiki have been
checked to be realistic.

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 9:45 AM, Gianmichele Mariani
<g.mariani at liquidnet.it> wrote:
> +1 here too.
>
> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 10:26 PM, David Silverman
> <silvermindyarr at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> +1 to wiki page
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 2:12 PM, mindrones <mindrones at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi Campbell,

>> > would it be useful if I start collecting things in a wiki page and we
>> > start resuming problems there?
>> >
>> > It would be:
>> > - not a discussion page with long rants
>> > - schematic
>> > - possibly with mockups
>> > - only focused on usability.
>> > - divided it in areas (3d, properties, etc)
>> >
>> > and I can help keeping it that way.
>> >
>> > People might discuss here based on proposals collected there, and when
>> > things or blocks of things get approved and fixed we move stuff away
>> > or delete.
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> > Luca

- Campbell