[Bf-committers] Patch: Border select tool for outliner

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 17:24:47 CET 2012

We discussed this in IRC - at the moment the outliner has both
selection where highlighting the items for further (right mouse menu)
actions is the primary selection.
this is needed for world/material/... any ID's that dont have
selection of their own.

Don't think its a good idea to just make special case for objects for
border select.

Think its worth looking into nicer ways to sync / manage
object/outliner selection in general,
Menu --> Select feels quite clumsy.

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 2:31 AM, Carsten Wartmann <cw at blenderbuch.de> wrote:
> Am 18.01.2012 21:09, schrieb Perry Parks:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've posted a patch to enable the border select tool (box select) for the
>> outliner.
>
> I would love to see this in trunk!
>

> There are also some more quirks or missing features in the outliner.
>
> - I would find it much more consistent to select with RMB in the
> outliner (and in Filewindow like in 2.49) with RMB (but RMB is context menu)
>
> - Shift-LMB does not work to select more than one item
>
> - AKEY highlights all entries but they are not selected then
>
> - toggle visibility/renderability/selectability of more than one item
> not possible in outliner
>

> Carsten
>
> --
> Carsten Wartmann: Autor - Dozent - 3D - Grafik
> Homepage:         http://blenderbuch.de/
> Das Blender-Buch: http://blenderbuch.de/redirect.html

- Campbell