[Bf-committers] Patch: Border select tool for outliner

Perry Parks perry.parks at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 17:21:39 CET 2012

< I would love to see this in trunk!
It is in trunk now :)

< There are also some more quirks or missing features in the outliner.

< - I would find it much more consistent to select with RMB in the
< outliner (and in Filewindow like in 2.49) with RMB (but RMB is context
menu)
Kind of a moot point I think unless there's an intuitive alternative for
RMB menu.

< - Shift-LMB does not work to select more than one item
Try it again. It should work.

< - AKEY highlights all entries but they are not selected then
After highlight, do right-click -> Select. However I've noticed that, if at
any time you have a Scene tree element highlighted, the RMB context menu
will be deactivated. So if you're selecting all elements with <a> you'll
have to deselect all visible Scene tree elements first. This point also
kind of relates to an issue with the current border select implementation.
To fit with the current outliner design it was decided that border select
should highlight rows rather than select objects directly. This has
benefits in some cases, though in others you would rather it selected
objects immediately. So always highlight, RMB menu, Select. Maybe a hotkey
is needed here to toggle object (de)selection for highlighted rows.

< - toggle visibility/renderability/selectability of more than one item
< not possible in outliner
This is possible if you, for example, border select a bunch of elements and
rather than literal object selection.

Perry