[Bf-committers] Patch Rotate Background Images

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 18:54:42 CET 2012

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 2:06 PM, Fabio Russo <ruesp83 at libero.it> wrote:
> I added a new patch, which allows you to flip the image for both X and Y axis.
> Link: http://projects.blender.org/tracker/download.
> php/9/127/29906/19075/rotate-BGpic.patch
>
>>On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 7:26 PM, Mike Erwin <significant.bit at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>> Ooh! Wish I had such versatile background image support a few jobs ago
>>> -- gave up and imported DXF from the architects, which needed a crazy
>>> amount of manual cleanup prior to building up the structure in 3D. The
>>> future looks bright!
>>>
>>> Knapp: maybe I misunderstand... how would you see what you're doing
>>> with the reference image on top?
>>
>>By setting the alpha
>>
> You can work in the viewport with the Wireframe!
>
> Best regards,
> Fabio Russo (ruesp83)

I have done that in many cases but sometimes that does not work. For
example when the mesh is very thick and it is hard to tell what you
are doing in wireframe view. There are ways around this like hiding
part of your mesh but it would be nice to have background on top as an
option.

--
Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!