[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [43428] trunk/blender: Carve booleans library integration

"Martin Bürbaum" martin.buerbaum at gmx.at
Wed Jan 18 11:48:38 CET 2012

Hello Sergey,

first of all many thanks to you and Tobias for the work on the carve/boolean code.

I know your request was directed at Carsten, but I can provide an example where the boolean code still has some issues.

http://www.pasteall.org/blend/11020
The file was created with Blender trunk revision 43484.

I used a default cube and a default cylinder and joined them with a boolean "Union" modifier. (The same problems exist when using "Difference" and "Intersect".)

The applied mesh looks quite nice on first glance, but the joint seam is composed of "bad quads" (e.g. zero surface polygons, 3 points in a row, concave).

Some of these are marked with grease pencil arrows, but there may be more - I suggest following the seam and check every polygon (especially on the cube) to find strange behaviour.

I'm not sure how easy it is to improve this, I just wanted to point out the things I've seen.

Cheers,
Martin

-------- Original-Nachricht --------