[Bf-committers] Transform tool tweaks

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 22:18:31 CET 2012

> Well let me ask you a question - which kind of rotation do you use more
> often, trackball or regular? I feel that if the more common rotation were
> default then it would alleviate this.
>
> --
> Jorge "Vino" Rodriguez

I see what you are getting at and I like the basic idea of it but I
would not want to give up my habits without really gaining a big
advantage to my work flow. So to answer your question; both.

I use R for rotating meshes as I edit them and often lock an axis or 2
but sometimes I also use RR, if I don't need to be exactly in plane.
If you make a head and want to aim the nose then RR is great but if
you need to rotate on the Z then I use R. I use RR a lot for example
setting up lights or the camera, I tend to use RR and R and I switch
back and forth a lot. Often I am looking through the light or the
camera at the time and am aiming it. The real problem for me is that I
am not sure if I am representing the majority view or work flow. In
any case I hope my input is helping you.

--
Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!

Massage in Gelsenkirchen-Buer: