[Bf-committers] cuda sdk, the source code

pete larabell xgl.asyliax at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 17:19:12 CET 2012

Indeed, I certainly don't want to do anything questionable... my sole
reason for hoping to get access to it was to get it to compile on
FreeBSD.

Right now I can't compile CUDA kernels on BSD since I can't run the SDK.

I head some things about people doing it via linux emulations, but it
really deserves a proper port.

If there is any risk at all involved with "me" porting it since I also
wish to remain a blender developer, then I'll leave it to someone else
to port it.

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 9:34 AM, Christopher Allan Webber
<cwebber at dustycloud.org> wrote:
> Since this is under a "shared source" style license, it's possibly
> actually risky to read the source code if you're contributing to FOSS
> projects, I think.  Keep that in mind!
>
> Brecht Van Lommel <brechtvanlommel at pandora.be> writes:
>
>> I signed up for it but didn't get a reply yet.
>>
>> Brecht.
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 9:28 PM, pete larabell <xgl.asyliax at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hey all,
>>>
>>> Has anyone on the list, or BF as an organization, been able to get a
>>> copy of the cuda sdk?
>>>
>>> I'd like to work toward getting it to run natively on FreeBSD so I can
>>> provide cuda support for the BSD builds of blender. Right now I can
>>> only build cycles w/cpu.
>>>
>>> I've read where the nvidia sdks can be run in BSD under linux
>>> emulation to compile binaries, then the binaries run fine under native
>>> BSD since nvidia has a true driver for the OS, but I'd sure like to
>>> eliminate dependence on the linux layer to compile things for BSD.
>>>
>>> I see it's free to "sign up" to try to get a copy... does BF have a
>>> copy already?
>>>
>>> Cheers!
>>> Peter