[Bf-committers] Matte Nodes with no longer used props in the struct + RNA

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 19:48:28 CET 2012

Hello all,

Some Matte nodes (maybe others, didn't check) have properties in their
Chroma Node (used for storage) no longer necessary.
I don't know (nor had time to investigate) if they are obsolete due to
upgrades in the algorithms or if they simply were not completely
ported over from some old versions of the same.

For example the Chroma Key Node:
==========================
It used to have Shadow Adjust and Lift in Blender 2.49.
Now it doesn't have them in the ui nor it uses them in the code.

However it still initializes those values in node_composit_init_chroma_matte:
185    c->t3= 0.0f; [shadow adjust]
186    c->fsize= 0.0f; [lift]

And if you go to rna_nodetree.c in def_cmp_chroma_matte you will still
find shadow_adjust and lift their.

If it's a incomplete algorithm that needs the old parameters I can try
to go ahead and port it from 2.49.
Otherwise it would be nice to see that cleaned in trunk. I'm a bit in
the dark here.

Thanks,
Dalai