[Bf-committers] Blender App Central / Add-on Manager

Yousef Hurfoush bat3a at msn.com
Tue Jan 10 17:18:15 CET 2012

> I think there are two good systems that we can use as our models. One
> is the Linux system like Ubuntu with the store or repository. It has
> the advantage of being easy to use and a repository means that
> everything is in one place. I would hate do see it be like MS with
> open source where you have to go all over to find things and half
> don't work and it is loaded with trojans.  The other is the Firefox
> system of add-ons. Both systems are easy to use and centralized.

i think the problem isn't in the wiki or bf-extensions or a new app center
it relies on the scripters theme selfs to submit to these repositories,
maybe finding some one to do the missing job as a solution would be good?

> The other problem is that most add-ons are not well known. I
> personally don't know what most of the add-ons in preferences do and
> they are easy to activate and use. I guess this comes back to the
> documentation problems that exist etc.

adding a simple help system to the addons is easy, especially after the new xml commits

Regards
Yousef Harfoush
bat3a at msn.com