[Bf-committers] Collada importer/exporter kickout

angjminer at gulftel.com angjminer at gulftel.com
Mon Jan 9 01:34:47 CET 2012

Quoting Juan Linietsky <reduzio at gmail.com>:

> > so +1000 for a python, dependency less from scratch... one feature at the
> > time with clear, simple and well commented code ! I'm sure many people will
> > be able to help in the community. But until we have a I/O addon working for
> > basic features as a complete scene (no animation, no bones, no morph),
> > please pretty please keep it :/
> >

> You must have missed my post, that's exactly what i submitted to this
> mailing list, except it supports all but morph.
>
> Juan

but as it is right now it does support animations, in my opinion(which
i know doesn't amount to much right now) we need an equivalent to start
with before it gets tore out. i agree it needs to be python like the
rest,but to rip it out now and (no offense Juan) replace it with
something that requires more work just to bring it back up to where it
is now would be silly imho. heck the whole reason for "cryblend"
is because it was easier to do it in c(not pretty, just easier) i
should have animation clips working by this weekend<<not a plug. I dont
want my stuff to be a fork/branch I want to contribute, but if it gets
ripped out ill have no alternative . would take a little to much time
to bring what i have done back up to par with what i have so far, which
i have been testing my exports by importing them into xsi and they are
working as expected with no loss of detail.
it is going to be a lot of work regardless of which way it goes(leave
it in work for them,, take it out work for us.)i still think there has
to be a way to have the best of both worlds.
thanks for reading
angjminer.