[Bf-committers] Collada importer/exporter kickout

Morten Mikkelsen mikkelsen7 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 00:09:17 CET 2012

I acknowledge that the amount of work you guys have put into OpenCollada is
significant and I am definitely pleased with
this as an option. That being said I am beginning to warm up to what sergei
is suggesting more and I am actually a collada user myself.
Correct me if I am wrong but the way it works for autodesk these products
by default ship with some crappy collada exporter that someone within the
castle of autodesk has authored. Then as an alternative option you guys
made OpenCollada plugins available for Maya and 3dsmax from your website
correct?
So when you think about it is there really any harm in Blender shipping
with a "crappy" collada exporter of its own, like autodesk, and then having
the option of downloading an OpenCollada blugin for Blender from an
off-site location as well (Possibly even your site)?
And Juan no offense intended here I am just making a comparison. I am not
saying your code is literally crappy!

Cheers,

Morten.