[Bf-committers] Collada importer/exporter kickout

Juan Linietsky reduzio at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 17:23:09 CET 2012

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 9:04 PM, Francesco Zoffoli <makers.f at gmail.com>wrote:

> I'm just curious: why can't an external library be used?

I think the biggest problem with Collada is that the specification seems
like something huge and complex, so most people resorts to a library, which
in turn ends up in something even more bigger and complex with several
layers of complexiity that is a nightmare to maintain.
In reality, Collada is a very simple format that is very easy to parse, but
it definitely takes some work to really grasp and understand all of it,
because it's very  flexible (way too much more than needed I think). I also
wish it was more mantained and better documented at this point, too because
most official examples are either broken or incompatible with the
specification.

Cheers

Juan Linietsky