[Bf-committers] cuda sdk, the source code

pete larabell xgl.asyliax at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 21:28:08 CET 2012

Hey all,

Has anyone on the list, or BF as an organization, been able to get a
copy of the cuda sdk?

I'd like to work toward getting it to run natively on FreeBSD so I can
provide cuda support for the BSD builds of blender. Right now I can
only build cycles w/cpu.

I've read where the nvidia sdks can be run in BSD under linux
emulation to compile binaries, then the binaries run fine under native
BSD since nvidia has a true driver for the OS, but I'd sure like to
eliminate dependence on the linux layer to compile things for BSD.

I see it's free to "sign up" to try to get a copy... does BF have a
copy already?

Cheers!
Peter