[Bf-committers] How to make debug build of 2.6x with minGW+scons

migius at gmx.net migius at gmx.net
Wed Jan 4 23:09:32 CET 2012

Antony,
i am developing for 2.49b, but want to try 2.6x too.
So i need an debug environment suitable for both.
My current topic is Blender UNDO memory corruption while running python scripts. I hope to find a solution for it or at least a workaround.
At first I am not interested in extensions like cycles or collada, so can build without them and 1GB ram is enough.

If i understand correctly - there is no way to effectively debug blender+python_libs with MinGW builds at the moment.

Q: What is the minimal configuration on basis of MS-compilers suitable for my purposes? Is MSVisStudio-2008-express the right choice? There are VisualBasic and VisualC# too - do i need them for blender? Strange - there is no C-compiler!

-------- Original-Nachricht --------