[Bf-committers] How to make debug build of 2.6x with minGW+scons

Antony Riakiotakis kalast at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 21:15:15 CET 2012

Hi migius. The situation is as follows: To run the debug build of
blender you need to have MSVC 2008 installed because the debug library
of python depends on the debug runtime libraries of MSVC. So my first
proposal is to install MSVC 2008 (NOT 2010, python is linked with the
2008 libs) and see if this works for you. I know this is a compromise
of MinGW but it is only needed for debug builds at the moment. Another
dependency arises from the fact that to compile cycles kernels you
also need to have MSVC 2008 installed. I think an email to NVIDIA
asking why this is needed may be a good idea on our part. Though this
is not the source of your errors for sure.