[Bf-committers] How to make debug build of 2.6x with minGW+scons

migius at gmx.net migius at gmx.net
Wed Jan 4 21:07:55 CET 2012

How to make a SVN-trunk/2.6x DEBUG-build with minGW and scons?

I am on winXP32bit and I have tried two minGW versions:
1. gcc-3.4.5-20060117
2. gcc-4.4.1-tdm-2

and both produce similar results:
- compilation and linking goes error free for BF_DEBUG = "false" and "true"
- unstripped blender.exe doesn't start, drops an error instead:
in win: "Fehler beim Programmaufruf! (5)"
in DOS: "blender.exe ist keine zulässige Win32-Anwendung."
- stripped blender.exe runs well, but not a solution for me cause all debug-symbols are gone.

ideas?

regards,
migius

p.s. I am aware about alternatives (MSVS2008 Express), but would really love to stay by this small bundle: minGW+gdb(CodeBlocks).