[Bf-committers] Updated BMesh Merge Proposal

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Mon Jan 2 11:13:12 CET 2012

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 9:04 PM, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com>wrote:

> I think this is enough - we could disable loading the file at all and
> then blender wont crash - or only allow loading when --debug is passed
> for people who know what there doing. not sure its worthwhile -
>  people are warned and they can upgrade there blender.

I think it's very worthwhile for blender to not crash if it can be avoided
- preventing the file from loading is a much better scenario than crashing
and losing everything. Particularly when there still isn't a warning yet to
save changes in your existing file, when opening up a new one.

cheers

Matt